Saturday, July 10, 2010

July 7, 2010; 8:39ish pm; Sports.

Today, I figured out the reason why I will never play sports...aside from the fact that I completely suck at them to begin with, of course.

When you play, say, baseball, a sport I've grown close to over the years via my brothers, you're always playing your team against another team. Sure, each team has screaming fans (parents, more or less), but there's always that idea that someone on that other team's side, whether it be a player or a parent, can't stand you. Now, it might not mean YOU specifically, but you're TEAM. I mean hey, we all want to win. But if you think about it, someone still wants you to fail. And I don't think I could handle knowing that. I hardly understand how a 7 year old could handle it.

-Courtney Jayel

1 comment:

  1. That was the night of THE game.
    THE Reds game. I love knowing that this was going through your mind then.
    Final score 8-6. But that doesn't matter. Because those boys, our brothers, all of their hilarious crazy friends (cough), didn't care that they lost. They knew that they almost beat the Reds into the ground. They were proud of losing, and I've never been so proud of my brothers (yes, plural) before.

    ReplyDelete