Thursday, July 8, 2010

A new old hero.


Today, I saw a post on my favorite magazine Alternative Press' facebook about an article on their website written by one of my heroes, Jamie Tworkowski from To Write Love On Her Arms. Being my curious self, I decided to read maybe a paragraph or two in the story.

Now, as I started reading, I wasn't really impressed with the first couple sentences, being as they were a description of a book he was reading. But I had already read several other stories and writings by this amazing man, so I kept reading on, thinking, "It'll get better. It has to. It's Jamie."

And, let me tell you, did it get better.

Instead of this article being about characters in the book he read or another thing about the organization, it was a combination of his thoughts on the book, his personal experiences and the fact that you cannot cure the ignorance & cynicism.

I'd say more about how great it was and everything, but I'll just post a link to it instead.


http://www.altpress.com/contributors/entry/the_only_kind_they_fear/


Find quotes (: I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment