Wednesday, June 9, 2010

June 4, 2010 ; 10:15pm ; Memories.

Oh, how I love those random useless things that bring back so many memories.

I was cleaning my closet today when I found 2 stuffed bunnies. One, blonde, named Clover; the other, brown, Dan. Now, you're probably thinking, "Oh, some old toys from Courtney's childhood. That's cute." But, ha! Wrong! These little bunny rabbits are only a few years old. From when my godsister, Taylor (who might as well be my real sister) and her mom, my godmother "Aunt" June, were living with my family at our home. I don't remember where the bunnies and their names came from, but the sight of them brought back so many memories. I hadn't even thought about their names until I saw them. I remembered how Taylor & I got one of those Build-a-Bear mini stuffed bears from a McDonald's Happy Meal and made it their child. I also remember losing that bear child several months later.

So, I ask you.
What's one memory you recently, well, remembered?
Was it from your childhood? A bad birthday party with a clown maybe?
Did it involve someone you love, and still talk to today?
Hell, maybe it was an old CD or mixtape that helped unearth this memory.

Whatever it is, hold on to it. It might come in handy some day (:

-Courtney Jayel

1 comment:

  1. Last Friday I went to dinner with an old friend. She was my BFF from 2nd grade through middle school. We drifted out of touch sometime after college. She was the friend whose family was like my second family. Seeing her stirred up lots of great memories, just like your bunnies did for you! I hope someday if you drift out of touch with Taylor you are able to reconnect like I was able to do with Beth. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Courtney!

    ReplyDelete